Thursday, February 3, 2011

oh the snow, snow, and more snow...

we have been trapped inside our house since Tuesday.
the poor hubby has prob spent a total of 10 to 12 hours working on our driveway.
luckily there hasn't been anywhere that we have HAD to go.
that is until tomorrow.
back to work for me it is and it is expected for everyone to make an attempt to get there.
so yesterday we tried to pull the explorer out to see how far we could get.
(well Tim tried to pull it out)
it got stuck, made it down the driveway but the drifts, ruts were so high on our street, so no success.
this morning it was my turn.
so I got out there and showed the hubby how to get it done!
yay!! got it out and down our street.
I really didn't want to turn around and go back to the house, it felt great to finally be out!
but I was without my wallet and phone so back it was.
got my stuff and called my neighbor/friend Mary to see if she wanted to make a trip to the grocery store,
once out of the neighborhood the roads actually weren't horrible.
think I will make it in the morning to work and back home too.
really wasn't looking forward to spending the night at the hospital away from my family.
(but still packing a bag just in case;)

all of the peeps in the neighborhood have been GREAT!!!
anytime there is someone stuck the guys are coming out of their front doors and lending a hand (and shovel).
so glad to have caring/friendly neighbors like we do!

and we did have a little bit of fun too!
Caraline and I got out front today with daddy to help (watch.lol) him do some more clearing in the driveway.
according to the news/weather this snow will probably hang around and not melt anytime soon so I'm sure we will play again!








and the belly at 19w3d (half way there)!

1 comment:

  1. that snow is crazy-ness! good luck get'n to and from work tomorrow. give both your girls my love from me and my boys! yippee for being 1/2 way there!

    ReplyDelete