Here are the rules:
1. post these rules.
2. post a photo of yourself & 11 random facts about you.
3. answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. create 11 new questions & tag new people to answer them.
5. go to their blog/twitter & let them know they’ve been tagged.
So, here are my random facts about myself. (in no particular order)
1. this one i wish i could change but i am a terribly light sleeper, the tiniest noises wake me up so it's rare that i sleep straight through a night without waking, this is the way i have always been even before kiddos, that's why i am usually trying to get into bed between 830 and 900, to make sure that i can get enough sleep.
2. i am officially addicted to coffee, i could keep making pot after pot all day long.
3. i love, love, love seafood. which kind of sucks because the hubs does not.
4. my dad died when i was only 12 years old, every year that i get older makes me miss him even that much more. wishing that he could be here to meet his beautiful little granddaughters, but i know that he is watching over us from Heaven and that we will be together again one day.
5. it took me 7 years to get my bachelor's degree. enough said about that, y'all don't need the details:)
6. i took 8 years of dance lessons. ballet, tap and jazz. wish that i would have done more and can't wait to get my girls started, hope they love it!
7. i'm not a bath person, i like showers. i've never been fond of just sitting in water (unless it's in the pool or ocean). i don't ever feel clean when i take a bath, even if it's just for relaxing, i always feel the need to jump in the shower after to really get clean.
8. i grew up in a house full of women. there were 5 of us to be exact. right before my dad died i gained 2 sisters (2 of my little cousins came to live with us), then after he passed my grandma moved in with us to help my mom take care of us 3 girls. needless to say that's a whole lot of girls/women in 1 home, made for a whole lotta arguing, teasing, crying, fighting, just flat out pms'ing but of course tons and tons of love.
9. my favorite all time cookies are oreos. i have a problem when it comes to these cookies. i try to keep them out of the house because i can eat the whole package in a day. really, i'm not kidding. they will be gone by the end of the day, i have absolutely no control when it comes to oreos.
10. i have taken up a new hobby. it is running. love it. inspired by my best friend jennifer (love her). actually doing my first 5k on st. patty's day. just hoping i dont throw up!
11. keeping this one from the hubs, for now. i so have the baby fever. elleanor is 8 months old and is so much fun, plus she is sleeping great at night, i can remember with c when the sleeping started coming and got more consistently and she started independently playing more that's when it began and that is what is happening now. we are no where near being ready for another baby. and really don't know (more than likely not) if another is in our future but that still doesn't stop the fever from coming on strong. being a nurse in the newborn nursery certainly doesn't help the situation either. taking care of, loving, cuddling, and feeding those precious babies at work makes it hard to not want another. so for now it will be nothing more than having the fever, not acting on it.......yet:)
the 11 questions for me:
1. what would your perfect day be like? a saturday off with the hubs and girls, just our little family with nothing to do but play! no where we had to be, no home projects/chores to work on, just a day to play, perfect.
2. when was the last time you cried? that would be last thursday, both girls were sick last week and i hadn't slept in a week, thursday morning i had an "i'm exhausted crying fest" in the morning before the hubs left for work.
3. what is your favorite physical feature? kind of weird but i'd have to say my feet, i think they're small and cute, and with both pregnancies they never got swollen at all, stayed their little tiny selves the entire time.
4. are you a morning or night person? definitely morning, love getting up early and starting my day, if i sleep in i feel like i've lost some time that i could have been accomplishing stuff, my bedtime is 9pm so not a night owl.
5. what's your number one celebrity crush? really i'm super stumped on this one. this changes from time to time, depending on what movie just came out, what song is popular, what sports star is in the news. i've tried to come up with one but there are just too many to pick from:)
6. if money, schooling, or time wasn't an issue :: what career would you choose? stumped on this one, love my career, get to take care of sweet babies all day, so if i were not a nurse, maybe anesthesiologist? pharmacist? as a young girl i really always only wanted to be a ballerina:)
7. what's the one thing you look forward to each day? coffee, coffee, and more coffee please....and of course just seeing my girls smiling faces in the morning!
8. if you had to choose one color to wear forever :: what would it be? no question, it would be black.
9. what's the worst injury you have ever had? broken wrist, happened in the 5th grade doing the high jump at a track meet. it was gross, both of the 2 big bones in the wrist were completely broken in half and laying over each other making my wrist look all sorts of messed up, i didn't realize it had happened until 1 of the workers was asking me if i was ok as she was looking at my wrist in disgust, i looked and then i freaked.
10. most frequented website? before pinterest i'm sure it was facebook, but now i have a cooking obsession with all the pinterest recipes, so it's a close call between the two.
11. what's your ideal date? sounds pretty lame, but really just dinner, a movie, and then a target run after (if it's still open) just to look around. we don't get to do this much anymore so when we do, it's the best time ever.
and now 11 questions for you mary, tricia, heather.
1. what's your favorite season of the year and why?
2. how did you meet your spouse?
3. what's you idea of a perfect date?
4. what's your favorite vacation you've been on?
5. what is your favorite hobby?
6. what is your number one favorite food?
7. if you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
8. what is one of your favorite childhood memories?
9. what is one of your habits you wish you could break?
10. what is your favorite pair of shoes?
11. where do you want to be in 5 years?
(actually thought of 1/2 of these on my own! but yes, went blank and had to copy the other half:)